La Aurora is the oldest and most respected cigar factory in the Dominican republic. La Aurora 1903 Edition Preferidos were initially available in one size, the Perfecto (an homage to the original shape made at this factory). In recent years they have expanded to robustos and coronas.
The finest selected Dominican filler and binder leaves have undergone a 4 year process aging before being masterfully blended together. The wrappers (which are each special and unique) are aged a year more in rum barrels to enhance the flavor and aroma of these wonderful cigars. After rolling, these masterpieces age for 6 to 8 months in the aging room to ensure a well married flavor profile.
These are very particular cigars are available in six tremendous wrappers:
- Sapphire Edition (Blue Tube) with Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper
- Gold Edition (Gold Tube) with Dominican Corojo wrapper
- Ruby Edition (Red Tube) with Brazilian Maduro wrapper
- Platinum Edition (Silver Tube) with Genuine African Cameroon wrapper
- Emerald Edition (Green Tube) with Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper
- Diamond Edition (Black Tube) with USA-grown Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper
These special cigars have an exceptional presintation. Each cigar is packed inside a gorgeous metal tube and packaged inside of an 8 count box. Each cigar blend bares the name of a jewel and rightly so. These Dominican masterpieces have received ratings as high as 93 points